Tuesday, January 3, 2017

What Happens When You Fall in Love with Your Muse

For years I photographed models, male and female, nude and clothed, and I never developed crushes or non-professional feelings for them, and I am certain they didn't for me either.

Though I shot regularly with different models, I was really looking for a creative partner who wouldn't mind developing more intensive projects and shooting frequently.

I was always on the lookout for my muse.

I often mistakenly believed I had found her, and would get really excited about a particular model but for whatever reason, they would not be as interested in a long-term creative partnership.

Maybe what I didn't realize is that if I found that one perfect model, she might also be the love of my life, and that is what ended up happening when I met Liz La Point.

Working with Liz was so rewarding and stimulating that I found myself not wanting to shoot any other models. I found myself wanting to photograph her every chance I got.

I remained professional in the beginning, but our commonalities were overwhelming, (both non-religious, vegetarian, free-spirits) and our mutual attraction and admiration for one another was too strong to deny.

As a rule, I would suggest most photographers not fall in love with their models, and to treat the business of making art as clinical and professional as possible, unless you meet someone like Liz who you would never forgive yourself if you let her slip away.

As an artist, I am lucky to have found a creative partner to challenge me and force me to improve and evolve. As a man, I am lucky to have found the woman of my dreams who gets me like no one else ever has.

Check out Liz's blog at https://thenakedadvice.wordpress.com

No comments: