Monday, January 2, 2017

Growing up in the 1970's & 80's, I worshipped the anti-heroes, the rock stars & the fallen. My heroes were Jim Morrison, Syd Vicious, & James Dean. By the time I graduated high school, I wanted to be Mickey Rourke.

I don't want my son growing up emulating the behavior of lost souls. I want him to have goals and focus.

All of the precious time wasted drinking alcohol or consuming massive amounts of hard drugs might be my biggest regret in life, and it isn't what I want for my child, or anyone else's child.

America has such an excess problem.

I never did anything high or drunk I am proud of.

I spent my 30's sober, and it was amazing, and a sharp contrast to the blur that was my 20's.

Artists don't need to be intoxicated to create, they use to medicate from being misunderstood.

I'm not one to preach because I understand how easy it is to struggle with addiction but I'd love to be a positive influence for anyone struggling with these particular demons.

It is a long road to finding one's self, and I suspect we don't truly know who we are until the moment of our death.

To be remembered positively is everlasting life.

No comments: