Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Eyes are such a gift. I am forever amazed at human beings and how we develop new ways of seeing. Photography is one of the most mesmerizing innovations in human history, and to be able to not just preserve our favorite moments, but to also turn them into art, is still awe-inspiring to me.

My interest in art and photography grew from my love of nature. Growing up in the isolated woods of Northern Michigan, I spent the majority of my childhood in those woods, exploring and discovering.

Though my decades in New York City and Southern California were deeply enriching, returning to the place of my formative years has been an asset to my art.

I have truly come full circle, in spite of all of the years I spent trying to escape my past.

The accompanying image is from my tribute to Guido Crepax from my "The Visitor" set with Model Liz La Point.

No comments: